This multidisciplinary unit explores Individuals in the community that help us each day. We learn about a variety of helpers while engaged in Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies, and Creative Arts.
This 30 page unit study engages students with several fun games and activities that celebrate people that help us everyday! We have geared the Community Helpers unit for children ages 3-10, with modifications for all the activities so multiple age groups and abilities can use it simultaneously. This allows parents and teachers to use this unit with multiple children at the same time. In addition, it can be reused over the years as children grow.
Community Helpers unit contains:
- Video and print instructions
- master supply list
- recommended book list
- 5 focus words
- 3 active reading games including bingo sheets to print
- 2 creative writing activity
- several levels of writing practice
- activities to learn about police uniforms around the word
- readings on the history of nursing
- 3 crafty art projects